Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013

The more I see of life the more I realize that my childhood was enchanted.

The more I see of mothers, the more I realize that you were, despite your flaws and baggage, sensational.

The more I am faced with my own personality and sensory issues by my own kids, the more impressed I am that you did as well as you did with virtually no personal history, resources, or education.

The more I cook from scratch the more impressed I am with your planning and chef skills in that tiny galley kitchen.

The more I keep house the more your conscientious cleanliness blows my mind.

The more I try to teach life and skills to unwilling participants, the more respect I have for your education.

The more my kids try to stay up to talk about their life in the dark when I am exhausted, the more I honor your willingness to stay.

You were and are a woman above other women, a mother above other mothers.

I thank you.
I aspire to be like you.
I love you.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment