Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rat 1-25-12

I am still running...and on track to pull off a scheduled 10K in March...and on my way to a 1/2 marathon...I have one that is fairly local and low-key that I am stalking.  A friend Knows-a-Guy, that knows there is a 1/2 in Dawsonville...I am sure to become a pest...  I have signed up for two more 5Ks and I will sign up for the 10K next week...Now I just need to stay healthy, right?  YAY!

I also found a sprint distance triathlon between me and my folks (baby-sitters?) that "may" not have thought to ban ipods...and I am trying to decide if I should call and ask, or just sign up for it and stick my shuffle in the back of my bike and smuggle it out for the run...it's cheap and close...which is also a selling point.

I am slowly, but surely wrestling off a little more weight...especially as I have added some more activities to my week...weights and biking on top of the running...total lost since this time last year?  27lbs. just 2 more and I will have fought back to post Gabriel/pre Elise weight, which I consider my ideal "fighting weight".

Interestingly, last year's goal of sleeping more has fallen into place, out of necessity...because my body is tired...and I simply cannot stay awake...even to watch some of my favorite shows...

I am also managing to back off my internet usage, which is something I am proud of.

I am reading running books and magazines.  I am reading books with the pure intent to watch a movie with friends.  I am reading with my girls and enjoying that they like stories that interest my mind...even as I memorizing "Mimi" which is Charlotte's beloved.



Amelia requested to read "Nah-nia" this week.  Read or listen to audio dramatization of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe???  Twist my little arm!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment