Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rat 11-3-11

Yes.  I know it's been forever since I ratted myself out.  I forgot for a while, then I was too tired to do it.

Current status:
I have logged in to myfitnesspal.com for 147 days.  I only missed one day when my phone crashed.  I log all my food and exercise.

I am on Week 9 of Couch to 5K.  I am running non-stop 30 minutes when it's warm.  When it is cold, I am running 10 minutes, cough and retch for 2, run 10, and so on for 35 minutes...  I have cold triggered asthma.  It's not cooperating as Georgia decided to actually have a Fall.

I am planning to go back to skating and Chalene Johnson (TurboFire or Chalean Extreme Hybrid) after I wrap up the C25K.  I really ought to register and run a 5K, but I think I will redo the program and run one when it gets warm in the spring.  Hacking one's lung up at the finish line takes out a lot the personal pride.

I did not manage to do the in-line marathon.  I didn't get to skate more when the kids went back to school, I actually lost time.  It took Gabriel and myself a while to find the days' rhythm in our school day....but I am still consistently able to skate 10-20 miles.  I will catch that another time, I guess.  But I still love to skate, and my legs like it too!

Grand total of weight lost? 24 lbs. Seriously. I am stoked! 

I am in my goal jeans, but they aren't comfortable to sit in yet, so I am still fighting for those.  I am heavier than when I was skinny before Amelia's pregnancy, but I look better and feel better than I have since before even Gabriel.  I feel like I got "me" back in the exercising!  I'm emotionally in a much better place because of it.

I had to go out and buy church slacks because I've lost so much weight since this spring.  It was actually a pleasure to try stuff on...that's been a LONG time.

I have not made a pre-packaged meal, other than my freebie Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice, since June.  Well, and an occasional pizza, and even that, I try to make from scratch now.  (We did buy corn dogs for Elise's birthday, and I had one when I was sewing Halloween costumes, 3 days later.)  I cannot tell you how proud I am that we've gotten away from that. 

This year has been a great year for me and my family.  Good choices beget good choices.  It's a nice discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment