Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas is Coming!!

I am still excited at this point.  I am hoping that I can hang on to it for a while to come...  I am not saying this as a Debbie Downer or anything...but Christmas trappings stress me out.  I love Christmas, with or without gifts...I adore the carols and I cry over the Story and traditionally read stories!!   But all the shopping (I HATE shopping), the get-togethers, the cooking, the dressing of all my kids, the keeping clean of all my kids, the keeping clean of the house...you know, all that...it gives me an ulcer.

To combat it this year I plan to try to add another thing to my list...but as I am excited about it, I think it will be a blessing.  I plan to read all my family's traditionally read books...last year it was too much, but I think it'll work this year...  I plan to do a Jesse Tree similar to what I did last year.  I read about it on one of my favorite blogs HERE.  Our plush Elf-on-a-Shelf brought the advent ornaments and then we read the Bible verses that went with them when we went to bed, Amelia chose a scary 1950's pink tree to hang them from....Charlotte will be getting an elf this year, too.  I am trying to find a CHEAP plastic nativity with a TON of pieces that I can dole out as her Elf gifts.


If you know where I can find or order a Nativity that will fit the bill, PLEASE let me know!!

Here is my current beloved reading list:




















The Christmas Movies will come later...

What are your favorite traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Gr'mama/Papa would be thrilled to help with the plastic nativity. :)

    ReplyDelete