Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day 2011



I posted for Father's Day for my Daddy last year. I don't think that I can top it, frankly. That pretty much sums it all up.

But I wanted to put together a collage this year of the things I remember specifically, as a child with my Daddy.

I remember the Giant Fake Book and the Omnichord!! I remember singing at the top of our lungs all the songs we loved! I remember cranking the music and singing in the car while snarfing down stale (the best kind!)
Twizzlers!




Daddy, "And if you fix your bathing suit...and if you do it right, you'll be the hero woavenite..." *snort*





I can hear you yelling at me to look out the windows instead of reading as we drove to North Dakota.

I can smell the crayons as I contemplated the idea of a pastel suit in Noel Paul Stookey's album, before I knew what "pastel" meant. (I concluded, wrongly, that is was along the neon lines of Crayola.)

I can smell the hot vinyl of the car seats and feel the hot metal in the truck bed as we chased down the ice cream man...our very first time...

I remember you reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Farmer Boy" to me.

I remember learning that exercise was fun on the Paracourse.

I remember Par 95's at the Frisbee Golf Course. :)

I remember being important and feeling confident in being loved. I adored spending time with you, and I remember you genuninely enjoying spending time with us.



I remember your eyes squinched up in laughter lines when you explained why "Johnny Sands" was funny.

I remember sitting at the bathroom mirror, trying to squinch my eyes up like you...and terribly disappointed that they wouldn't...because I thought your smile lines were SO COOL!!



I remember you running and biking to Alan Parsons, because you liked how you felt when you were working out...while I sat reading (as usual) and enjoying your rockin' music...

Thank you for Big Band and "Dizzy" and Ella Fitzgerald.

Thank you for happy memories and for fun music...and running through life with passion and joy!!!

I love you, Daddy!! Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment