Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is NOT a Tame Lion

“It isn't Narnia, you know,” sobbed Lucy. “It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?”
“But you shall meet me, dear one,” said Aslan.
“Are are you there too, Sir?” said Edmund.
“I am,” said Aslan. “But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 

I believe this explains more concisely than I can my love for the Narnia series. About 3 years ago we started the tradition of watching Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe movie on Easter. We always take the time to explain that what Aslan does at the stone table, is just what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Frankly, I think it explains Easter powerfully. The more we have watched it with Easter in the forefront of our minds, the more powerful it is for me, and even the more real the story of the cross and resurrection is to me. The ultimate parable.

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
"If the Witch understood the true meaning of sacrifice, she would have interpreted the deep magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery, is killed in a traitor's stead, the stone table will crack, and even death itself will go backwards."

"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."

And He is, isn't he? Happy Easter! God is Good and He is risen!! Isn't that just AWESOME???

No comments:

Post a Comment