Friday, February 25, 2011

Tweenie-bopper

I am eleven in my soul. I am. I love bubble-gum music. The kind that has no musical depth, and that cause people to roll their eyes at me when I rock out.

I stayed up WAY too late last night. The undesired by product of working out too late. I watched the tail end of Jay Leno that resulted in a surprise. Hanson is back! You remember, "MMmmmmmBop". Which, I confess to enjoying. Yeah, I have their CD, and I bought it about 5 years ago...5 years after they were SO not cool! Because I missed them and enjoyed them. I watched a bio on Hanson a while back (waaay back) and they are really talented. When asked to sing something, they chose to sing some 1960's song, with a complex harmony, and not one of their own...And I was struck that that is one of the reasons I like them. I LOVE the bubble-gum music of the 60's. Hanson is the same happy music with a head bopping beat and fluffy happy lyrics. "Dizzy" is one of my all-time favorite songs. It makes me happy, always, without fail. It has virtually no message, but it is just pure fun. "Mmmbop" is worthless, but it is like sunshine in a music clip. I can smell hot pavement and a breeze when I hear it. I still like it. You can take me out and stone me later.

Hanson is back, and I am happy to say they, as men with families, still sound fun and like summer. HERE is what I saw last night, and yes, I'll be buying their CD.

While I am confessing to loving embarassing "tweenie-bopperness", I also like High School Musical, Gidget, and will watch iCarly without my kids. SO THERE!

I have enough real life in my real life. I don't care if movies and books are not realistic. I like sunshine. I like happily-ever-afters. It's my drug. It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment