Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rat 2-7-11

I have mixed feeling about this Rat. On one hand, it is not the story of success I was hoping to put down like 2 weeks ago...on the other hand, I had strep 2 weeks ago, so I did not work out AT ALL while I had strep. I ate okay, but because I felt so bad, I ate what I wanted...But after I started feeling better when the antibiotics kicked in, I got back on the program.
So, I lost 1 measly little pound. However, I did that in a week, so essentially, I am still on track. Total weight loss at this point? 3 pounds. Still nice to post. :)

I didn't work out while I could not swallow, but I worked out 5 days of this last week. I did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred mixed with P90X and the recumbant exercise bike.

I have eaten well, and allowed myself enough stuff I like that I am not feeling too sorry for myself...as a matter of fact, I have found that I really like quinoa and some of the other things that I am replacing are not half bad. Fish is awesome and the Fish Rub from Emeril is YUMmy! A VERY well spent $3!!

A friend was gracious enough to share www.myfitnesspal.com. It is a FREE online community that does the exercise log and calorie log, but allows you to join with a friend (or 5) and it rats you out to your friend on whether you worked out, logged your food, lost weight, etc. when you log-in. I wish it had all the yummy recipes that Jillian gives, but, still, for free....

For the SuperBowl, I used this yummy recipe to keep me out of trouble! I did add a couple of healthy glugs of vinegar, but it was DELICIOUS!!! I stayed out of all the bad snacks and didn't feel abused in the least!

Shrimpo de Gallo
by The Pioneer Woman
Ingredients:
1 pound Cooked Shrimp (tails Removed), Chopped
½ whole Red Onion, Diced Finely
½ cups Green Or Black Olives, Chopped
2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
2 whole Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, Minced
2 whole Avocados, Chopped
2 whole Limes, Juiced
Kosher Salt To Taste
2 cups Cilantro, Chopped

Preparation Instructions:
Combine shrimp, red onion, olives, tomatoes, and jalapenos in a large bowl. Add lime juice to taste, then a dash of kosher salt. Add cilantro. Stir gently with a spoon, then taste on a tortilla chip so you’ll have an accurate gauge of the salt content. Add more salt and/or lemon juice if needed.
Chill until serving. Note that the avocado will brown if too much time passes, so if you want to make this ahead of time, leave out the avocado until just before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips!

Also, I made this soup...the kids won't touch it, but I loved it!!

Chicken and White Bean Soup
this was one that came from Jillian Michaels' newsletter
Ingredients:
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
28 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed
2 pounds precooked skinless, boneless chicken, shredded (approximately 4 cups)
Preparation:
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.

Since I didn't have sage, I left it out, and used dry minced onions, since I cannot bear onions...and it was still great! So, there you go...

Elise and Amelia and the TV:
I boxed up their entire room of toys and put it in storage about a week and 1/2 ago. I decided that they would each get one toy and it would get rotated when they got bored with it. Amelia got her Barbie stash and Elise got her horses. I also left their books in canvas bins. They are enjoying audio books on tape, we have The Secret Garden, dramatized by Focus on the Family, and Little House in the Big Woods, and they play while the audio books play. It's been a really good option!! I am thrilled. I am also thrilled that their room is not as a mess and they seem to be playing better with their toys. They are also willing to clean up their own toys because it is not so overwhelming. I am supremely pleased by the results of that brain-child!

I am also planning to make up chore charts this week. I'll let you know how that goes.

Gabriel started Lacrosse this week, and is loving it. The more protein-focused meals are good for him, too. I cleaned his room for a fresh start and am dropping the axe on him, too. I do not have to be the maid service...it makes me nuts, and is a disservice to the kids!

Sleeping:
I went to bed early while I was sick and last night, but the rest of the week it was a sad, sad tale...

Computer:
I am doing well staying off the computer when Ethan is around (and not on the computer), and it's been nice...but have my old problem returning, when I'm reading a book, I struggle with putting it DOWN during the day...but it's been nice anyway...

So...there you have it...I hope that I have more success to share in two weeks, but for now, I am very pleased with the changes being made. It's going well! :)

Thanks for letting me rat myself out! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and for you, Tiffany. Just putting it out there in words (paper or orally) can make a difference. I read that writing down every morsel that goes into the alimentary canal is habit-altering - all by itself. I know it's a slow, laborious process, and we all tend to be a bit ADHD about weight/diets- need immediacy of results/lack delayed gratification/lose interest too quickly. . . but I know you're committed - to altering YOUR behavior AND the kids' . It's always gratifying when hints of the results are quickly apparent :) You're off and running! Prayers for patience and fortitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me... :-) I need to do better, maybe I should set some goals and rat myself out on my blog! lol... something to think about for sure!

    ReplyDelete