Friday, November 26, 2010

Unexpected Thanksgiving

Charlotte was exhausted and generally snarky for Thanksgiving. I did A LOT of walking. 2.5 miles up and down some impressive hills of my husband's family's home.

This was not how I planned to spend my day.

I am so thankful for this unplanned detour. I got to enjoy some incredible sights. I saw some errant Queen Anne's Lace that did not receive them memo that it is not the season for flowers. I saw some absolutely gorgeous fall colors. I saw a full rainbow. All the colors and a complete arch, cast against a dark sky. Making it all the more beautiful. I got to soak in the unseasonable warmth with a luscious breeze.

It's been a long time since I got to take such a lovely hike. It really ranks up there with the magic of my childhood "milkweed storms"...

I highly recommend an unexpected detour if you can catch one. Recharge on God's gifts of silent and often hidden beauty. Soak it in and save it for a rainy day.

I am especially thankful for the Unexpected Thanksgiving this year! It was lovely!

1 comment:

  1. these will be sweet memories for you. Thank you for sending me the picture of the Queen Anne's Lace! That was a surprise and a joy! I miss that flower!

    ReplyDelete