Monday, June 21, 2010

I am H-A-P-P-Y!

We had VBS this week. I was a "snack chick". We bagged snacks and handed them out. It was awesome. I loved it. I will be signing up again.

I was not Elise's shadow. I always worry. She was single-handedly responsible for a little girl refusing to come back to VBS a few years ago. She hit her. But this year's shadows were wonderful. They kept her safe, they kept her from running away, and they kept her from running anyone else off. They let her "lead" music once or twice from what I understand...they took mountains of pictures. They presented me with those pictures, developed, on Friday...and I teared up, and I still cannot look through them without tears in my eyes.

Friday night was the big program, and we were late as usual. But the girls raced up to go sing. Amelia was front and center. Everybody was singing and signing all the actions to the songs! But not Amelia. She was overcome with an inability to sing...or smile...and sat, while everyone else around her, ironically, stood, sang, and signed "I am h-a-p-p-y...", sucking her thumb and scowling! There was nothing to do but laugh over it, and hope that next year might be better...or that she would at least be in the back! :)

Elise on the other hand was overcome with a desperate desire to get to the front and sing, sign, and smile...AND dance! She was such great fun to watch. The joy oozing from her pores was contagious and gave my heart peace, that she does know God better than we think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment