Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

My Daddy read, recited, and sang these to me and my brother as we were growing up. He prayed over us. He blessed us with his love.
http://www.metrolyrics.com/for-baby-lyrics-peter-paul-mary.html

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers%206:24-26&version=KJV


This is something that I am stealing from myself from last year...because I am afraid that I cannot top it. Pure, unadulterated truth, really cannot be improved upon.

Dear Daddy~

Happy Father's Day! I appreciate you. I am thankful for my childhood. I am thankful for how you treat me in my adulthood!

Thank you for knowing a little of EVERYTHING! Thank you for asking questions to make me grow curious. Thank you for answering questions to quench that curiousity!

Thank you for the boat, "bears" in parks, and the nights reading. Thank you for stories of when you were little. Thank you for letting Mama stay home with us. Thank you for being excited yo see us when we visited you at work.

Thank you for an incredible musical education. Thank you for Peter, Paul, and Mary. Thank you for Bach. Thank you for Alan Parson's Project. Thank you for Allison Kraus. Thank you for Time Life Music 1954-1969...

Thank you for Garrison Keillor. Thank you for The Shadow. Thank you for Mrs. Pollifax. Thank you for Tom Bodett.

Thank you for letting me run with you when I was 6 to the horse farm. Thank you for letting me run with you when I was 13 at the Union Terminal Run. Thank you for buying me running shoes. Thank you for buying me bikes. Thank you for the "roller rink" in the garage. Thank you for buying rollerblades! Thank you for encouraging me in swimming.

Thank you for the hours in the library. Thank you for paying my overdue book fines.

Thank you for sending me to King. Thank you for letting me escape from King. Thank you for sending me to UTC. Thank you for letting me change my major 2 weeks before my junior year and not getting angry.

Thank you for listening calmly when we told you about Gabriel. Thank you for helping us get through school. Thank you for helping us get our feet under us.

Thank you for loving Elise for who she is. Thank you for never losing hope in all her medical trials. Thank you for watching Gabriel during them. Thank you for providing a haven for him through that time. Thank you for expecting the best. Thank you for spanking Elise and expecting her to behave. And loving her even when she doesn't. Thank you for sacrificing your cat. :)

Thank you for watching my kids...all of them...for me to run errands and date my husband. Thank for getting a boat down here to be with me and my family. Thank you for moving docks and paying more to be closer. Thank you for paying inflated dock fees to stay close to us. Thank you for buying chips and pink hot dogs for us to eat on our visits. Thank you for getting fishing nets for Gabriel. Thank you for making memories with my kids.

Thank you for times with my little girls and all the memories that you will make with them.

Thank you for always being there for me as a cove that I could anchor in rough winds. Thank you for your time.

Happy Father's Day! Thank you for being a happy father! Thank you for being my daddy! Thank you for being an invested grandfather. Thank you for being a good father-in-law.

Thank you for listening to God and allowing him to shape you beyond your past. Thank you for being a father easy to honor.

Love,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment