Saturday, November 14, 2009

waiting

Okay, so I am up. It is 10 til midnight. I want to be asleep. I want to be in bed. I want to trust that Charlotte will stay asleep. She has not been so much...she tends to believe that she needs to nurse ALL. NIGHT. LONG.



I am not one to randomly medicate my kids. I did tonight. I gave her some ibuprophen. (Motrin, to those who did not grow up in a medical professional family). Why? I don't know. She's crying. She's not sleeping. Something's wrong. Does something hurt? Head? Teeth? I don't feel so hot. I don't know if I am sick or tired. But as I have said for years, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. So, I am hoping that the ibuprophen fixes something. I am hoping that if it does, that I can figure out what it fixed. Hmm.



I love to nurse my babies. Here are 10 of at least 20 reasons why I like to:



1. It's clean.

2. It's free.

3. It does NOT involve me getting up to make a bottle in the middle of the night.

4. It allows me to cuddle my baby while NOT cleaning my house (although, I can vaccume while nursing...really!)

5. I get to know personality...whether they are social, lazy, business, pleasure, personal schedulers, or "Oh, I forgot, I'm starving!!!!!"

6. I get to sniff baby hair.

7. I don't have to remember to pack a bottle, it doesn't spill in my bag, and I don't find bottles with funk growing in them.

8. I am necessary.

9. It's a miracle.

10. The busy-to-grow-up baby, has to snuggle and stay put for 10 minutes...



There are more, but I am having a hard time putting my words together to make sense. And she has just started whining again. *sigh* I need to go feed her and put her BACK in bed...I may end up giving up and keeping her with me, if she would just snuggle and not insist on eating all night, I really wouldn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment