Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm Telling

Real quick one:

Gabriel used to go "tell" on me. When he was tiny, around 18 months until he was about 4ish. (It left around the time Elise came...) If I did something he didn't like, if he got in trouble, disciplined, or forced to do something he didn't want to do, he'd run off to the bathroom and rant with "the Baby in the Mirror". He'd go into the bathroom and chat with his reflection in the mirror on the shower door. He'd share babbling brook stories, where he would go on and on and on. Or he'd run in there and tell That Baby what all terrible things his parents were doing...it was a hoot to stand out in the hall and listen to what he'd say...I wish I'd had the presence of mind to video record him doing it. I tend to forget to get out the camcorder because I am so caught up in enjoying my kids...got to start remembering!!! Old Me is going to be mad at Young Me...

So the moral of the story is, if you need to vent, there is always the rear-view mirror "friend" waiting to hear what you have to say...go ahead, get it off your chest! And you'll never have a more sypathetic listener!!

No comments:

Post a Comment