Monday, July 13, 2009

Funny Bunny and swimming

Charlotte has 2 bunnies that she LOVES to lick and chew on. Her favorite is white. Great. I have considered dying it with the gentian violet. It would be darker, and the way things are going, it may get purple eventually anyway...

She had it at Gabriel's swim meet. CLUTCHED tightly, the whole time. There was some banter about what its name should be. The final product wound up to be "Yack Rabbit". Due to her constant state of reflux merged with what I found to be a brilliant variation on Jack Rabbit. Katie and Ethan get credit...I love it!

At the self-same swim meet Gabriel qualified to go to state. YAY! I will let you know how that shakes out. He qualified to go on 2 relays and Backstroke. Backstroke should be good. One relay will probably be last. Seriously. Gabriel is 5th fastest in Freestyle, and because of it is on the B relay...so, they got lapped in the qualifying...state does not look good. To his credit, he swims all out, and doesn't grouse at his relay team...who are holding him back like a milstone. I am saying this in fact, not ugly. I promise. But it is frustrating for me for his chances! This whole year has been frustrating on how it has been run in general. A fun swim team is not fun, when it appears that your kids are hamstrung when tiny things could be tweaked for higher success. I think we will look around for other options for next summer...

Sunday was Amelia's Third Birthday Party! She had a "pincess party at the pool"! She had a grand time! She got 3 swimming Cinderellas...and she was equally happy each time she opened one!!! She gave one to Elise and one to Kelby (one of her "BEST friends!") for HER birthday...and will end up getting something else later...Elise was thrilled, and I probably would have suggested it, to avoid fights in the bathtub. She is such a generous baby. I love seeing qualities in my kids that I am praying for! I get so excited! God is good.

You can only do so much as a mother...all the rest involves prayer and God. Which is good, because I still wake up sometimes shocked that I have kids. Really. I love my babies. I am thrilled that they are mine! But I struggle with the oddity that I don't feel any different than when I was 10. I am 23 YEARS older, but I don't feel that much has changed in the core of who I am. I sometimes feel that I should buy a baby doll and have a tea party...which is why I love having girls (shocker for me)...'cause I get to keep playing! I supposed about the time I am shocked at how another 25 years have gone screaming by, I can enjoy more dolls and tea parties with grandbabies... :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! so true!! on the passage-of-time-and -feeling-no-different part. . . try 50 years out and feeling no different. THAT'S fun, indeed! It is also what keeps life vibrant and filled with joy!

    Sweet Amelia! Sweet Mama! I love you both, more 'n tongue can tell!
    mama & gramama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandbabies??? Lets not think THAT far down the road! I'm still adjusting to not being 10 anymore!

    ReplyDelete