Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Insights

When Gabriel was little, somewhere between 18 months and 2 years, I caught him sitting on the couch pulling at his hair, really hard! As I watched, he would tug and tug mumbling to himself...finally I had to ask, "Gabriel, what are you doing?" He responded with, "It's stuck! It's stuck! It's STUCK!" "What is stuck?" "My HAIR!" I told him, of course it was stuck, it was supposed to be! God made it that way. I admit, I wasn't sure what I was expecting...but when he says "Oh!" and turned to keep playing, I got so tickled! He was worried when he didn't know God had it planned...as soon as he realized that God was taking care of it, he was at peace!

We should take notes!

Speaking of taking notes...This weekend, we took a whirl-wind trip to Cincinnati for my cousin's graduation...8 hours each way between Friday evening and Monday morning. We decided that the big girls should stay with their grandparents so we didn't all pull our hair out. We were discussing my aunt Linda and Ethan's grandmother, both of whom we have lost in the last few months. Elise over hears us and pops out with "Where Mamaw?" Ethan's mother tells her that she died and is living with Jesus now. And Elise looks at us and says "Oh! Yay!!!" It really should be that way, shouldn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I love your "stickies" Daughter! . . . Such a neat concept. Your word plays that you cram into a phrase or two always astound me! Always rich! and why this blog is so important. I like what you started doing, too, to pull things from your memory for stickying . . . :-)
    I love how your mind works!
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete